Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sister. Its what i do.


Dear Conscience,
Why are you so overactive and self critical? Illbeit often inaccurate. If you treated anyone else this way, noone would like us.  Your unrealistic demands of me must come to an end.
Love,
The rest of me

If you are wondering what on earth I am alluding to, I will tell you.  If not then I’m not sure why you are still reading this, weirdo.  So, today I have been feeling slightly guilty about my trip.  I mean the money things is one part of it, but mostly it’s that if you know me at all you’d know that my family is one of the most important things in my life.  Being the second oldest (and second tallest) of 8 kids, they depend on and look up to me a lot, and leaving for 4 months seems selfish.  Of course none of them actually feel this way, hence the cordial letter to my conscience.  Regardless, I still can’t help but feel a little bit like I’m abandoning all of my responsibilities and relationships in the states.  Maybe everyone could just put their life on hold for me, that could work... Good thing there is this brilliant mastermind that gave me a book full of remedies for these silly thoughts in my head; like the truth in Luke 18:29 that says “Truly I tell you, no one who has left home or wife or brothers or sisters or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God will fail to receive many times as much in this age, and in the age to come eternal life.”  Its funny that something that simple can make me feel like my heads back on straight.  Todays song is dedicated to the sibs for “this bond between us can’t be broken, I will be here don’t you cry” -You'll be in my Heart, by Phil Collins

2 comments:

  1. That's a great verse to reference. This is a great time to seize the opportunity to trust God more as you seek to share the love of Christ with a new group.

    Also keep Psalm 139 tucked away for when your tummy's turning and you're feeling kind of homesick, too much pressure and you're nervous.

    Bon voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did not just quote party in the usa on my blog!! haha love.
    ps if i ever lead a worship band i would tots read that passage in psalms before singing highest place by desperation band : )

    ReplyDelete