Tuesday, February 22, 2011

American Dream

I’ve been challenged lately to rethink why we do the things we do. Why we say the things we say. Why we wear the things we wear. You get the idea.  Your probably sitting there thinking one of 2 things. Either that I sound like that 5 year old kid that asks too many questions (yes I was that kid) or that I sound like a silly girl trying to sound deep and philosophical. Either way, we decided I would be real didn’t we? Okay so back to the matter at hand. 
My eyes have been opened to different perspectives on so many things, and I don’t say this with a condescending tone that you too should look outside your own little world, because you can only live why what you know, and you can only know what you experience.  This experience has certainly challenged what I think I know, and I’m sure will ultimately inspire the way I live.  “I have come that you may have life, and have it to the full” John 10:10 I’m so excited to see what’s instore! or better put by Despicable Me’s Gru “I have pins and needles that I am sitting on.” 

Oh yea and one fun little anecdote of being “Aussed in translation” I’ll share with you from the amazing retreat I just got back from. So I was entertaining little Hannah (she’s 3) during dinner by being the voice of her little Barbie, when suddenly a girl I had just met says to me “You are really lame aren’t you” after staring at her with a look of both confusion and offense she decided it best to explain herself. APPARENTLY lame here means corny rather than sucky, and we all know I am totally proud to be called corny!

Todays blog songs brought to by incredible dancer, singer, and girlfriend of beautiful beautiful Chuck Wicks.  Julianne Hough’s Hallelujah Song “Look at me can’t believe I finally made it here feeling like I’m where I belong Singing my hallelujah song!”

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear that you are not only enjoying your experience, but that you are considering all of the levels of your experiences. Some are very spiritual, some just as face value, others challenging in scary ways. But one thing is for certain, you have a zest for life which demands answers hidden in meaning, provoking deep thinking and honors the love and excitement in new experiences!! Take it all in and embrace all that you learn. I am so proud of you and how you are choosing to use this study abroad!!

    Miss you and love you very much,
    Step-monster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are loving your life and learning a lot. Glad to hear it. Praying for you always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to be a downer on all of this but Julianne Hough is dating Ryan Seacrest, hasn't been dating the great Chuck Wicks for over a year. Sorry

    ReplyDelete