Monday, February 14, 2011

Routine Ready...

So contrary to popular belief I am actually not that extroverted… The majority of the people at our first orientation had at least one friend on the trip with them, that person in many cases being their significant other. Needless to say that had left me feeling a little homesick. More so just wishing to fast forward these next few weeks past this awkward knowing noone and having no form of communication with anyone.  Fun let me tell ya! On the bright side I explored a lot during that time! I have been terrible at remembering to take pictures but there will be lots more to come! Even though Melbourne is a big city I haven’t felt unsafe once. Haven’t run across any “dodgy” people as they say.  There are HEAPS of coffee shops, which if you know me you know is like heaven for me and hell for my bank account… On my run this morning I stumbled upon an entire 4 story shopping mall. That was a new experience. Like, you’d never know it was there unless you walked in because the front just looks like every other store front.  This running phase might pass soon though as i swear we have ben walking like average 6 miles a day. Granted "miles" means nothing to them.  I've seen lots of cricket in passing as well. I learned not to ask who to root for because that apparently means who to have sex with hehe.


Top 10 things I miss
1 razzy fresh. Oops did I just say that outloud? just kidding but it is up there!
2 The sibs (and yes even the rents/ roomies haha)
3 Northway!! This includes everyone I love there.
4 Living in the number 2 most wireless city in the US.. not so much the case here…
5 Caribou. Oh shoot another establishment probably frowned upon for making the list!
6 Police officers. Look at you making an appearance on the blog! ; )
7 Driving/ free transportation.  Can’t complain because walking around in this beautiful weather could be worse. But I don’t foresee trying my hand at this driving thing, gives me anxiety just watching people make right turns!
8 My puppies… well really just Dakota. Squiggles on a particularly bad day. And Maxx… well maybe that will happen someday, maybe.
9 Being able to speak in Chay-ism’s… Not widely accepted yet here. I tried. 5 times. Evytime Either it doesn’t care or they Can’t know.
10 77kids! I mean I spend the majority of my time for the past 10 months with these folks! I love em!
cheers!  Oh yea today's song is Valentines Day by BOSC "I'm sorry that i couldn't be there for you...I'm goin, gone."

4 comments:

  1. GABBY. can you scoop up that 'roo and bring him back to the office? so cute. i love his little hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can scoop him up in meat form. apparently he's quite tasty, but i can't verify that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey gibs! love your blog!!!! i look forward to check in on ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wait until you hold a little Koala Bear...they are sooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete