Thursday, February 17, 2011

Dolla dolla bills

Okay, my goal this week has been to learn to become more thrifty. This vision may quickly spiral downhill toward grungy as I forsee a lot of dirty clothes being worn with laundry here being $6 a load. It is a fine line btween the 2 and involve 2 key components.  Staying on the good side of frugality involves not only trying to still buy things I like rather than living off of ramen and cereal for 6 months, but also brainwashing myself into thinking its fun to waste lots of my time “shopping around”, and learning/remembering when things are discounted during the week. Maybe I can pay someone to do this for me... 


Aussies also seem to be much more “green” than us gas gusslers in the states. I say this like I am environmentally friendly or something… Let's put it down for next weeks goal. Anyway, they have the half flush/full flush buttons everywhere (no the toilet water does not spin backward).  They also supposedly take 4 minute showers but there is no chance I’m conceding to that! They have on/off switches on all the outlets and have roundabouts at many intersections to save energy (I’m fully convinced the roundabouts are put in for afternoon aussie entertainment watching all of the internationals frantically facing death as we try to get across them).
One of the street performers yesterday was singing Mumford & Sons so enjoy that as our song of the blog “Where you invest your love, you invest your life" - Awake my soul

2 comments:

  1. beautiful pics!!! glad ur enjoying yourself!! stay clean! lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hum... I'll see if Dad can send some laundry money:)

    Love the picture, too!!!

    ReplyDelete