Thursday, February 10, 2011

From the Most livable city in American to the Most livable city in the World!




Well, I had my first elecronic catastrophy  Lets just say I will be buying a new hairdryer tomorrow. Converter shmonverter! So far I have been at study abroad orientation with all of the American Students studying all over Australia. There’s about 100 of us. The first stop was out to the wild to see hundreds of Kangaroo’s it was unreal! Everywhere you looked out into the hills and valleys were packs of them.  We were like maybe 20 feet from about 30 and they didn’t care at all. From there we went out to a sleepy beach town in Victoria called Sorrento.  We did a ton of boring seminars where I probably retained like 5 fun facts that I will tell you all about later. 
We also went on a boat cruise and saw a bunch of dolphins and even more seal! We ate shark that night J  I went for a run along the ocean during some down time we had in the afternoon and literally had tears in my eyes at how beautiful God’s creation is.  
We’ve finally made it into Melbourne city, but I don’t actually move into my apartment for about 5 more days. Living out of my suitcase is beginning to wear on me.  
I’d say the weirdest thing to adjust to here in the city is how they drive.  The steering wheels on the left side of the car, and the cars are on the left side of the street. Everything is also heaps more expensive (they say heaps all the time, I don’t think I used it right haha).   
Now, of course I had to pick a Aussie singer for my first post down under. Missy Higgins: Steer “freedoms surging through my veins”.
cheers!

3 comments:

  1. yay for roos! i hear the aussies hate them, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad says those Kangaroos can me dangerous now!! Don't let any of them come chasing after you :) Glad to hear that you are adjusting well. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave you two converters because I told you some don't work in AussieLand! Ha Ha told you I would figure out a way to do this! Love and miss you, Mom

    ReplyDelete