Saturday, February 5, 2011

Parting thoughts from the airport.

[sigh…] so the moment you’ve all been waiting for. I am beginning to fight the early signs of nervousness… You know the feeling when FDR’s classic “there’s nothing to fear but fear itself” holds absolutely no meaning whatsoever.  You’ve pulled out the big guns like Isaiah 41:10 and John 14:27 and yet still feel a ping of overwhelming desire to know what lies ahead…
Now this is the part where normal human beings probably are in agony avoiding this feeling at all costs, I on the other hand am thriving on it!! Ah to be completely dependent on the Lord. Oh to put my beliefs to the test and let go… Yes, my name is Gabrielle Salvador and fear is my friend.  I surrender. I yield my life to the one who is life. ( warning: i'm pretty sure i just plagiarized that from something)  For at least a few months I’ll know that I am not just going through the motions, living what’s easy, what I know, whats comfortable… It's not like after 21 years he’s going to fail me now, it is not in his DNA (okay, I admit I’m not sure how that works if God has DNA but you get the idea.)  
I am sitting at the Pittsburgh airport waiting for my first of 4 flights to board. I hope its smooth sailing. (does that saying still work when your flying?) If your looking for the logistics of this travel experience next is dallas (yes the day before the Superbowl in dallas, should be interesting yins!). dallas to LA. LA to Sydney. Sydney to Melbourne. Depart 1:25 PM  on the 5th.  Arrive 11:35 AM on the 7th. WHAT?! no that is not a typo!!!
Today’s Song: The Motions- Matthew West because i am NOT going to spend my whole life asking, what if i had given everything....

3 comments:

  1. We already miss you Gabby but are so glad you have this opportunity!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting! It's crazy to think that you will be flying over the ocean(s) when a whole day goes by! Then, you will see the Opera House, recall a world map and think "I really am DOWN UNDER"! I can't wait to read/see all about this once in a lifetime (so cliche) experience... Just wishI could go back, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of all my children I would never have bet you'd be the one to go so far away! I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete