Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Adventures of Danielle and Elle

As I sit here writing this I am being serenaded outside by an orchestra of wippersnippers. More commonly known as weedwackers. They are the inspiration of todays post. As they are one of many things Danielle and I have been able to experience in the comfort of the 10’x10’ box we call an apartment.
We pretty much share everything, although I was kind of under the impression there was an unspoken rule about such things as razors, toothbrushes, etc. Only after she wore my contacts did I decide this should be a spoken rule! Needless to say, I didn’t ask for them back but did kindly inform her that that was the reason she was having trouble seeing. HAHA! Unfortunately, I’ve also had my fair share of catastrophe, so I can’t make fun.  One such event being when I decided it best that we inform the staff that 3 of our 4 burners on the stove do not function.  Before doing this I figured we should to test them out one last time, just to be sure.  Turn first knob, doesn’t light. Turn second knob, doesn’t light.  Turn third knob, doesn’t turn off. WHAT! DOESN’T TURN OFF!!! I think we really bonded in that minute and a half that gas was just pouring into our apartment and we saw our lives flashing before our eyes.  No worries though, super girl that I live with pried it apart with her fingers and the entire apartment complex did not combust.
Now if only we can train her to be my skype secretary while I shower every morning, I just may give in and take a dance class with her. This is unlikely, despite her desperate attempts..
Cheers!
Today's song is a plug to the most talented musician I have even known.  Where you want me- Kassi Konz (Hemerka)  download it on youtube. you wont regret it! 
"I cant see where your taking but I know that its more than I can imagine."

1 comment:

  1. Haha the stove made me laugh - I'm glad you are ok! So glad you are having fun with your roommate and that you seem to be going by Elle. Also - you should definitely take a dance class - you were on the dance team in high school, I'm sure you'd be awesome. Also - you CALLED ME last night and that's stinkin amazing. We need to talk soon!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete