Saturday, March 19, 2011

Excursion Central!

Sorry I haven’t written in a while!! What a busy few weeks! Classes are well underway, and I just enjoyed two weekend trips in a row! I’ll try to stick to the important events and save the tangents for later this week, but I’m not making any promises...
Okay, so this first trip we took to Grampians National Park. About 30 of us under the fearless leadership of out dear mate Lyndon ventured approximately 3 hours outside of Melbourne (cant really know for sure.. i slept the whole way). Grampians has not much in the way of civilization but was incredible nonetheless. The drive there and back was probably the the most fascinating! Their was a mountain we passed that reflects the suns rays! There is one road that has a tree planted for every soldier that died in the war, and everything was so green and growing like fields of sunflowers which apparently was a once in a lifetime sight, seeing as how they have been in a drought for like 100 years! I suppose the other highlights were :
1) my first emu sighting 
2) my first climbing of a real mountain 
3) pretty sure the highest elevation I’ve ever been to! 
(no this picture doesnt show the view, but i know you all wanted to see my face...)


Now onto the second far more spectacular trip.  It was to both The Great Ocean Road and Phillip Island.  So as I'm sure you can imagine it was packed full of non-stop sight seeing.
Day one:
Gibson steps (76 of them! cool?)
Shipwreck coast
London bridge (fun fact the bridge part fell down last year and there was a couple having an affair stuck on the other side! HA)
Lock and gorge
12 apostles (there are actually 14 still standing, used to be 18)
surf coast (i could sit and watch them do this all day, heck i could sit and surfers do ANYTHING all day...)
Apollo bay
Day two:
Tropical birds and koalas in the wild (koalas sleep upwards of 20hours a day! Glad he woke up for us!)
Rainforest (mountain ash tree 2nd tallest in the world!)
Wildlife reserve (i got to pet that little guy! He licked me!)
The Noobies (no idea what this name is all about...)
Penguin Parade
which actually looked more like this
but your not allowed to take pictures anymore... apparently the penguins are amish....

And that my friends is the final thought that i am going to leave you with as I am deleriously exhausted and will start rambling embarrassing nonsense if I type any longer. 


"These are the times in our lives that we wait for
These are the days and the nights that we pray for. 
and i'll say it again... its so beautiful!" 
-Jared Lee

1 comment: