Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I Have a Dream.

One day I had this dream.  There were beautiful beaches everywhere. I was surfing. There were heaps of kangaroos.  Little baby ones too. Everyone spoke a little strange. Infact everything was a bit strange.  That’s how I knew I was in a dream.  The coffee had ice cream in it, like a root beer float.  From drinking the coffee I had to pee, but couldn’t find a bathroom. The people looked at me funny when I asked for one. Finally I located it in a stairwell. Strange, see. The birds were different. At least they sure sounded different. What is this place, I thought. I couldn’t seem to find anyone I knew.  They drove on the wrong side of the road.  They drove on the wrong side of the car.  Many didn’t drive at all! They walked. Walked and walked. All day long. I was one of those people. Those people seemed the happiest. Those people seemed as though they never had anywhere to be.  They sat around in the beautiful weather. They played music and did art on the side of the road.  Some men dressed as police officers asked them to stop, other men dressed as police officers joined them. One day I wanted to be one of the driving people. I took the plunge and got into one of these death traps they call vehicles.  Just as a passenger, but still found myself so confused.  The sky ahead looked like it was shiny.  As it came closer the air appeared thick or foggy. I thought I was entering Brigadoon. That wasn’t what happened next. What happened next was millions of locusts, crashing and splattering the windshield.  No one else seemed phased. I played the guitar and wrote prose for fun. I spoke in front of people at what I thought was Campus Crusade for Christ but they tried to tell me was Student Life Live.  In this dream I felt that I needed something I knew, something familiar. Universal. Church.  Even this was a bit off, the traditional building you’d call a church was all of a sudden a room atop a restaurant, or a movie theatre before it opened. What a odd dream. Odd indeed. One month later. I think I'm still in that dream.
The beautiful beaches.
heaps of roos
coffee float
stairwell bathrooms 
(sorry for the blurryness its kind of social suicide to take pictures of bathrooms...)
Being a Walking Person
Police men + Street Performer?
Driving through locust plague.
My new baby Skylark.
View looking out the back of City on a Hill Church in Docklands.

"I feel your spirit when you're near me and when you're far away.  Somehow, somewhere I'll see you again. But until then I've got dreams" Gavin Degraw- Dreams 
So many good songs to choose from about dreaming! Whats yer fave?

No comments:

Post a Comment