Sunday, April 3, 2011

More Domestic Adventures!



Once upon a time there was a bird. All he wanted in life was to walk back and forth across the ledge.  Unfortunately my window was blocking his path. You know what they say…If Can’t go over it (although realistically he can) and you can’t go under it, ya gotta go through it! That’s correct this has happened on numerous occasions that im aware and probably countless others when I’m not around!!! Everytime he walks through and our eyes meet I’m not sure which one is more terrified.

On the topic of birds, the next story is about an egg. This egg wasn’t just any egg. This egg wanted to be unique. An individual. Not like all the other hardboiled, sunny-side up, and scrambled eggs… “Ok, I guess I can poach you I said to this egg”. Figuring this could make quite a meaningful analogy on all the life lessons about being yourself. Unfortunately that is not this tale.  This egg was better of sticking to the established social norms, and maybe just maybe he wouldn’t have met his demise in the wasteland down the sink…

After the egg insident but before the smelly couch incident which we’ll get to later was Isaiah. Isaiah was a good friend of Danielle and myself (…ok we are still friends but you will understand the contemplation of that shortly).  Isaiah was a nice boy, quite smart and technologically savay. Or so we thought.  Before potluck dinner at our place one night this fine young gentleman offered to install our wireless modem for me.  He pulls it out, plugs it in, and bingo bango! Within second neither the modem nor ANY of our outlets function any longer…


Song for how i'm feeling today:


"You define mercy
By looking right down on me

Calling me pure.
[...]
You could've ignored me
Instead You took hold of me
And softened this heart"
-Jason Morant

No comments:

Post a Comment