Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Holiday! Celebrate!

AH! I feel like a giddy little girl the night before the first day of school! Tomorrow I leave for our mid semester break. We keep calling it spring break because we’re ignorant Americans even though its fall here.  Anyway, back to the important part (no, not how in the world I’m paying for this).  Four friends and I are renting a car and road tripping up the coast! There are 2 pitt stops before we get to the grand finale destination.  

First will be 2 nights in Brisbane, no idea what there is to do there but I’m sure we’ll find plenty of trouble to get into J  Next, on the itinerary is Fraser Island.  I’m especially excited about this because it’s a 76 mile island that is doesn’t have a single road on it.  We have to rent a 4wheel drive and it’s completely off roading.  There are dingos everywhere, (and yes, they will eat your baby!) and ship wrecks, and waterfalls, AND we are camping (hopefully the dingos don’t eat me!).  

I could end the story right there and sufficiently inflict jealousy upon you all, but that’s all just enroute so our holiday destination.  You might want to sit down for this, although you probably already are since it would be weird to be on your computer standing up…. Okay, On the 25th we’ll arrive the most beautiful beach in the entire world. Whitsunday.  We have a sailing trip booked during our time here where we’ll be adventuring around all of the remote islands (White Haven I believe is the one that has been voted most beautiful beach) while snorkeling on the great barrier reef (no I’m not scuba diving, fun fact= I am claustrophobic). 

“Oh watch me go I’m a happy girl everybody knows that the sweetest thing that you’ll ever see in the whole wide world is a happy girl! “ - Martina McBride

So sorry but I wont be able to post again until after I get back, I hope you can make it that long… I’ve also been doing all kinds of fun stuff around Melbourne that I PROMISE I’ll catch you up on : )

2 comments:

  1. Gabby! Have fun! I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gabby i just finished doing all these (and more) and its AMAZING. i can't explain to you how beautiful this all is. i hope you have a wonderful time!!!!

    ReplyDelete