Tuesday, June 14, 2011

42 Wallaby Way


Well well well, I suppose you’ve all been sitting around in constant wonder of what it is I’ve been up to on the other side of the world. The side with all of the earthquakes, volcano eruptions, floods, tsunamis, and such. Well I guess I DID have a fabulous trip to Sydney I could tell you about if you’re begging…




So there is an airline here that is dangerous persay but certainly reliably unreliable. True to form, by flight on their airline was canceled just after I arrived at the airport on Thursday.  I had to take a (VERY EXPENSIVE) bus back home and reschedule for the next day.  Sydney take 2 went off without a hitch! I got in late Friday afternoon and after dropping my stuff of at Laura’s a friend of mine from Northway that is studying this semester in Sydney, we headed off to Circular Quay.  That is where the Sydney Harbor Bridge is and the Opera House.  We were having dinner there in the Rocks, Pancakes on the Rocks to be specific. Delicioso! There was night market going on that we explored and an awesome german bar we grabbed a drink at. Mango-weizen. My new Fave!


The Next day we had great weather so we adventured through China Town and went to the Chinese Friendship Garden. Before seeing Pirates of the Carribean on the largest IMAX screen in the world we passed some time watching the best Street performance I’ve ever seen! They breatkdanced, did comedy, tapped, and were quite good looking which may or omay not be a talent.  We went to Lindt Café for some chocolate before heading home for the night. 

Sunday Funday we were optimistic about the weather so we took a ferry out to Manly Beach. That was a major fail as it poured. The Opera, and Ballet both just so happened to be on their annual vacation week during my time in Sydney as well so instead of seeing a show we took a guided tour of the Opera house which was awesome! After that we rushed off to Hillsong.  I was so giddy with excitement! The high that I was on upon arrival just made it farther of a fall when I heard the sermon, that was full of poor theology, and misguided application. The worship was still really moving, and I did have a really great moment with the lord there. 

Monsoon Museum Monday as it will go down in the history books as consists of just about what it sounds like. Colossal downpours all day while we explored the Maritime Museum and the Sydney Aquarium. The coolest thing about my trip though, is that I arrived the day they unveiled their latest and greatest lights, people, and ideas festival called VIVID. All around the city everynight were amazing light shows most spectacularly being on the Opera House and the Customs House.


The final day on my Tour de Sydney. Was just as rainy but the Blue Mountain trip I went on was perfect for seeing the awe-inspiring waterfalls.  Waterfalls are my favorite thing in nature I think. No, I know they are… We saw and did lots of over fun stuff before my flight back to Melboure like a Harbor Cruise, and riding the steepest cable car in the world but they don’t even compare to the falls… 



                                                 

"I begin to see reality, for the first time in my life. I know that I’m a shadow, but I’m dancing in your ligh ... Until only love remains"
             -JJ Heller

No comments:

Post a Comment